This is they...Sad but true, I have not gotten as far on these as I had hoped. I am knitting them at the same time so they will be the exact same length. A mock cable on the "right side" but a nice 2x2 rib for the flip side and that is nice too.
I have got hung up on increasing for the thumb gore. I decided I would do that in stockinette stitch but have still had trouble getting it right, ripped back several rows several times. A thought crossed my mind, I oculd just keep going with the mock cable rib pattern to the end and just sew up the sides and leave a thumb "hole." I know I will like the actual thumb knitted, so that is the plan as of tonight.
Started the new job. I am enjoying it so far but am very tired. Between the learning curve of new software, a somewhat of a new language (medical) and not sleeping well at night. Ugh. I am thankful to be working.
Here is a nice shot of the flip side. By the way, this is Lion Brand Wool Ease worsted that I had in the stash. It may not be the real thing, but it is nice and will be adequate for this test pattern.