Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11 and I remember

Thinking back to 9/11/2001 I remember vividly what I was doing. It is like those stories my parent's generation spoke of when JFK was shot and killed. They remember specifics of their day. Not only where they were, but who they were with, what they were doing, eating or drinking. They remember. I remember.

Our boys are now 4 1/2. I was pregnant that September day. I was home on bed rest that I thought was ending within a day or so. My husband was home, by chance, it was his regular day off. We were watching our satellite shows that morning and my good friend called from her office wondering if I knew what was going on. They were thinking we were being bombed or something. We immediately turned the channel to a local station to watch in horror something we'd never seen before.

We watched the first tower go down not believing it was happening; then the second. Was that people jumping? This is a movie, right? War of the Worlds? What was happening. We watched the news anchors tear up and eventually, break down and cry. We were speechless. We were sickened and scared. Like many Americans we didn't want to watch, yet we could not turn off the horror. We wanted to know what was happening, but certainly did not want to believe it was happening to our families, friends and neighbors.

Now, five years later, it seems like a lifetime ago, yet still like it was yesterday. Time flies and life has a way of going on. I pray for those who lost their lives and for those of us left behind to miss them.

I have worked on knitting, but now that I have written the "9/11 and I remember," I will show you pictures tomorrow.

God Bless America and keep us safe from harm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home