Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Fancy Schmanzy Shawl WIP

This work in progress is the culmination of a few stolen ideas. And the need to rid our house of some yarn stash before we move. While many knitters balk at acrylic or other man-made yarns I have been known to embrace them. I love the natural fibers too and only wish I had the constant cash flow to say I can purchase ONLY them and be forever faithful. Not so.

After starting this shawl several times length-wise I decided to give it a go end-to-end and instantly liked the results. The bonus is the "stripes" are going vertically rather than horizontally and take my word for it, I need not the horizontal stripe.

A knitting no-no I finally overcame was to have knots and loose strands PURPOSELY left in the knitting! I know, I know...how COULD I?? I do have a plan with those loose ends one you'll have to wait on for the finished product...

Hopefully the final pictures will show better detail of all the different kinds of yarn I used.

1 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This shawl is beautiful!! And I agree, if only the cash-flow gods would visit and we could always use natural fibers!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home