Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Charity hat and horses



My pattern, roly poly hat, is a simple one. I am deviating from the pattern, however, by making the "rolls" different sizes. Just changing from purling to knitting somewhere between four and six rows. When it's all finished, I'll measure it all and write down the pattern to share. So far, I can say I am using US 6 circular (16") and worsted weight. My hope is to fit a toddler to four- or five-year-old, but think it's going to be a bit smaller. For me, this is a good way to develop a pattern, since it's a hat for charity and really no one specifically in mind (it will surely fit someone) I can knit away and measure later. Love that.

Knitting in the round is such a cool thing too. You can put in only one stripe of color and always be on the right side. Love that too.

The boys are so looking forward to school beginning next week. Every day they ask if today is school. I'm looking forward to freeing up some time to concentrate on the job search.

We're running to my mom's today to help deal with the hay she just got and re-arrange the barn to fit this new hay. Ugh. I suppose the fresh air and hard work will do us all good. Plus, the boys can see Top'em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home