Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Whoooohoooo! They are back in school!


Sure it is ceremonious; the boys going back to school, but I have to say, I am excited to have a good two hours to get something accomplished. Not sure what I may get accomplished, but something I'm sure. To perpetuate the saying, "they are growing so fast," they are, in fact, growing quickly. Time is flying by and I feel old but know that I am not. 'Course, it doesn't help that my birthday is looming in on me sooner than later.

Boy A was pretty quiet once he stepped into the classroom, but sat down to color (and stay inside the lines, of course) and Boy B was excited, but just as quickly as I could say, "look, it's Clifford" he turned scared and worried. Their new teacher gave them their name tags and as I started to say I would be back later to get them, Boy A said, "yeah...we love you too, mom" before I could say anything. Cute, cute stuff here. I hugged and kissed them (going to do this for as many years as possible) and practically ran out of the room so as to not distrub other children.



The cuteness will not stop here. They will be home in a few hours with tall tales of school today. I can not wait to see them!

I promised some knitting pictures and progress today too. Here goes:

Progress on the charity hat is nearly finished. This is an easy knit, but tough on my hands. Using size 6 with worsted weight is killin' me. Even though these babies are Addi Turbos! Anyway, there are a few rounds to do and weave in the ends to be finished.



In the meantime, I've got my next projects planned. For my next hat trick it is going to be this cutie (and free!) called, Sprout found at MagKnits. Finally a pair of fingerless mitts that I think I will enjoy making. Check out this freebie at Midnight Knitter

Have a great day and as a good friend of mine says, "choose your attitude!"

1 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hi Jenifer, I didnt see an email to reply to your question about the Mistletoes button. Mine is mj05461 at yahoo dot com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home