Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Yeah, this blog is neglected. You can read my weekly knitting updates over at Patons. My knitting bag was in the van with us the night of the accident. It took some digging but all was recovered. It got dirty, wet, had glass and road dirt/gravel commingled with it but after some care it's all good.

The hat I was nearly finished with for Baby C is the Aviatrix and is a freebie (must be a member of Ravelry). I decided to see what a chunky yarn would result and figured that if it doesn't fit him this year it will eventually.



I think it will be cute. Actually, if I took 20 minutes it would be ready for wear but I've been concentrating on my Yarn Harlot Olympics project: The Traveling Woman shawl (mine will be more a shawlette). From my stash was the silk yarn I selected. I'm not nuts about this yarn, while I am nuts about the friend who gave it to me, it's just difficult to unknit (tink!) because it is very, very sticky. The colors are beautiful though AND I think I'll like the finished project.



I wish I knew more about this yarn but it didn't have a label other than handpainted silk and the yardage approximation...which is quite a lot. I could easily make more projects with the rest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home