Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Beautiful weather

Most of the week was rainy and crummy. The boys first day of school was foggy and ended up with rain and proceeded to finish their three-day week in puddles. Friday, we woke to sunshine and a nice breeze. We had to take advantage, of course and get out the bikes. We went for a cruise of the neighborhood twice on Friday. They loved it. And they only hit my ankles once each.



As for knitting. More could have been finished. But here is some progress and completion. The model for this shot is Boy B. He was willing to get his picture taken in a pink and purple hat. He is secure in his masculinity. Frankly, he has always liked pink and since purple is his mom's favorite color he likes that too! Boy A tried the hat on several times as I was progressing, but really did not want proof of said things.



The new project is the fingerless mitts, pattern here at Midnight Knitter. I decided to not do a ribbed cuff. I thought I would like the little roll that results from stockinette and I do. Except the whole mitt it is a bit tight. The pattern says it is for "average woman." Clearly, I am not your average woman. Duh, should have thought of that. Nevertheless, the pattern is clearly written, easy to work and all-in-all a fun knit. It will be fun to frog and fuss with too! All I have left is the 2 or 3 rows of the thumb. Sad to frog. Maybe I should knit the other and give them to the church charity auction. There's a thought.

I knitted this with yarn from my stash and size US 8 needles; the pattern calls for US 7, thought that would make enough difference in size. A Lion Brand Wool Ease that has been around for several years. DH has a cool rib scarf and I have a pair of mittens that mom knitted me (long before I knew how to knit anything exept long strips of fabric known as a scarf).

Okay, for some unknown reason, I am unable to upload a picture of the mitt. Is this fate or what?

1 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want this pattern, Jenifer!! After seeing it in person I want to give it a try...maybe Brian will wear it. HA. Good seeing you last Friday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home