Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Charity hat no. 2



I started this hat Sprout yesterday late afternoon thinking I would just whip right through to the finish line. Not so. The stars were not aligned for that. What they were aligned for was frog and repeat, frog and repeat. Finally, this morning, while the boys were at school, I got in a groove and this is where I am so far.

I have altered the pattern to suit me more (I know, not a big surprise). A 1x1 rib edge and a stockinette "body" instead of seed stitch. I am making the largest size (6/8 yrs), but started with 72 stitches for the ribbed and increased to 80 once I changed to the pink yarn. Because I do not have any aran weight yarn and am currently unemployed, the yarn is from my stash, it's TLC Amore, a worsted weight beauty, that once knitted up looks somewhat like a terry-cloth towel.

I did finally finish a shorty-sock this afternoon also. All I had left to do was graft the toe. A couple of obligatory shots of the sock.





So, as to avoid Second Sock syndrome, I will be casting on the twin by nightfall...even if no actual knitting will take place. My two most unfavorite parts of sock knitting is the casting on and then the grafting of the toe. I will say, this is the first time I have knit a sock with such a beautiful yarn. It's Lorna's Laces, Shepherd Sock and I am lovin' it. I chose to knit a shorty-sock so I would have enough of this pricey (for me) yarn to make a pair of fingerless mitts or a cute scarf. This sock took about half of a hank plus I have another in the stash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home