Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Mamma's gotta brand new....job

That's right. I begin working tomorrow and the boys go to daycare. We visited daycare today after preschool, to see what it is going to be like. They did not want to leave. I take that as a good thing. We have the Spidey lunch bags ready and waiting for the goods to be packed and carried joyfully in their roller-backpacks and be on their merry way.

As for me, I have to decide what to wear so my morning is less of a disaster. Typically, I don't sleep well before starting something new...other than sleeping very well about two hours before the ole' alarm. Yeah, that's fun.

No new knitting except for a Christmas stocking for Mistletoes I started and will finish frogging to rethink the project. I originally planned on knitting felted Christmas mittens to be hung by the fireplace with care, but decided there is not enough of the right colors of wool. As a result, I thought I would do a nice striped big sock and try putting the boys' initials via intarsia. Clearly, that was a bust. I have never been able to handle intarsia. Think I need to speak with an expert and get some serious help. I know there is a trick to twisting the colors when you change and not carrying the color too tightly, but those tricks escape me.



Well maybe now that mamma has a new job, mamma can buy some new wool for big felted mittens.

2 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Laura A said...

Sorry you're having trouble. When you carry yarn behind and twist, that's called Fair Isle. Intarsia is something different.

I hope you get it worked out, and good luck with your job!

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger lanternmoon said...

I twist (and carry, depending on the size of the intarsia area I'm working on) for both fair isle and intarsia...the trick is to be consistent in how you twist, and yes, to check every few stitches that you are not carrying too tightly along the back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home