Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Monday, June 20, 2005

The new puppy

On Friday afternoon DH got a new puppy for Father's Day. She's a 5-month-old golden retriever. I was not all for being a 2-dog family, but we have 2 kids, so why not. She is nice and isn't as hyper as I had imagined and I'm glad about that! She was named, Daisy, and evidently...she likes wool. She grabbed my ball of yarn (three times!) and took off with the needles and knitting trailing behind her! UGH.

It's funny now, but at the time, not so much. She has a soft mouth, but nevertheless, tore the yarn into 5 new balls (some not really a ball!!) And, I unfortunatley didn't discover this talent for multiplying one ball into several, until I had been knitting along and low and behold...I'm running out of yarn!

Since I mentioned knitting! I started a Booga Bag yesterday. It's going to be a solid dark plum, unless I stumble upon some great contrasty color from my stash, but so far, nothing is speaking to me. It'll be lovely in just solid plum. It may be too dark to carry this summer, but this fall...hmmmm

I'm having a purse crisis now and that's what spawned the Booga Bag knitting anyway. I am a purse-a-holic and either have too many to choose from or simply can not be satisfied. I LOVE bags of all kinds and with the ongoing search for the Perfect Purse, I'm often disappointed after purchasing (so I try to do very few purchases). Once I knit a bag, I tend to carry it for quite some time simply because I've worked hard on it I think. Maybe that's the answer, knitting is an obsession, bags are an obsession--combined it becomes reasonable to knit bags!!! Ha! I LIKE that.

1 Comments:

At 1:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope you like the bag/purse from the philippines.. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home