Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Last knit night for summer

Last night was our end of the year knit night at Kathy's. What a good night. We did a pot luck taco/nacho bar and everyone pigged out! Wonderful desserts too. This awesome peanut butter sheet cake that was to die for! Hit the spot after spicey Mexican stuff. YUM. I personally didn't do any knitting, but a few other die-hards did.


Knitting night is now located at my house for the summer. Beginning June 7, anywhere from one to six? knitting-guest-friend will arrive at my crazy home for a few hours of knitting. The boys and DH (dear husband) will be in and out of the dining room with swimsuits on and snacks in hand! It will be fun to see how the twins react this year to having ladies invade their home. Last year, they had to kiss everyone goodnight and typically run through the house naked because they just came in from the pool. Crazy boys! I enjoy hosting knitting, but when fall rolls around, I'm more than ready to go back to Kathy's as it gets me out of my house and away from the boys for a few hours.


So, while this post is about knitting, it isn't about progress on my afghan! I always intended the afghan project to be a low-stress, no pressure, no deadline kind of project and I fully intend to keep it that way! That said, I can't wait to get home and get the mid-week house pick up done and sit down and crank out some squares!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home