Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Friday, May 06, 2005

A Finished Object! Whoohooo

Okay, it's been a while since I've completed any knitting projects. I have several on needles in a big over-flowing tubby in the basement and no interest in completing them anytime soon. Sad really. They lay among the stash and other odds and ends of knitting.

Back to the good news! The finished object is the first of what I hope is many afghan squares. I used an acrylic (don't choke, all you natural fiber enthusiasts! I love naturals too), dark lavender to medium purple and knitting by using a chart (virgin chart reader I guess you'd say). It's got a daisy motif and I added a nice seed stitch border.

I'm anxiously waiting for the D. Abrahams, "100 Afghan Squares to Knit" book to arrive at my door. Once I have that, I hope to be scurring to finish squares this summer to put a blankie together by end of fall. If I like it enough, I would love to make one for each boy in colors they choose. Hmmm, that could be interesting! They'll probably be the most beautiful things yet!

I keep saying that pics will be up soon. I promise, they're coming!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home