Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

We are moved. We are settled.

It is a sweet little house. It is bright and sunny and it doesn't smell funny. It cool and breezy and we like it. (I couldn't think of anything that rhymes with breezy--where is my mom when I need her?).

Mother's Day was gorgeous here in south central Michigan. It was in the cool 70s and I was treated like a queen. The men of my house served me french toast and sausage. They left me home while they went to church (I went on Saturday evening) and I got to watch a movie of MY choice. We had my mom, sister and brother over. My brother just returned from the Philippines (vacation) and brought us all little gifts from there. He bought himself a new guitar so he played that while the rest of the hillbillies sat around on our back deck. I say hillbillies, because that's all I could think of when we were sitting there singing camping songs without a fire.

Tonight is the last Tuesday night Knitting Night. We're having our annual appetizer night. Some people knit a bit, but most sit and visit and eat. I have not been able to attend this year as much as I like. With moving nearly 40 miles away and gas prices it has just been too much. Plus, winter driving is not my favorite thing. Thankfully, I have been able to go these last several weeks and have enjoyed it thoroughly, like I haven't missed a thing.

Boy B's blanket is about half done. I picked up (with acid yellow) 80 plus stitches last night on the side of the first panel (royal blue) and will start knitting the new pattern tonight. A pattern that is undecided at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home