Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

No excuses

I recently participated in a Knitting into the Mystery Retreat and enjoyed myself so much. Several reasons to find enjoyment in that: 1. A day spent with friends. 2. A day spent not hearing, "ma. MA!" 3. A day spent not doing laundry. 4. A day in spiritual renewal, and finally 5. A day spent in guilt-free knitting!

We have this beautiful retreat center about an hour north of us. It is located on 90+ acres and always has great quiet places, great food, and even the drive is pleasant.

Since the last time I blogged, I finally had a picture upload. I have finished the pair of my felted clogs, but they are not felted. I have made a few log cabin squares for an afghan I have been working on for a very long time. I still have the prayer shawl I started at the retreat going and since I spent some of my gift certificate the LYS, I now have some cool things speaking to me each night. I long to knit them, but feel guilty with other projects on the needles already.

I picked up a great book, Knitting for Peace, from the bookstore at the retreat center. At first glance, it has a few cute little (and simple) patterns that I certainly didn't need, but after really reading it, it's a great reference for wonderful charities that need our help. Every day, all year around. Wonderful stories of just how these charities began and how those people reached out.

While blogsurfing at my regular "waves" this week; check out this knitalong. Free pattern found there too! I am not a huge Harry Potter fan, but Boy B loves the movies and will most likely read those books someday.

P.S. No excuses for not blogging more regularly. It is what it is, and life is still good whether I've blogged or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home