Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Nearly finished fingerless mitts


I mentioned, over a week ago, that this dog would not give up without a fight. And fight I did. After working the mock cable rib cuff, that incidentally, I love; I had hoped to continue the whole mitt in the mock cable pattern and do the thumb gore in stockinette stitch and end with 2x2 rib. This dog needs more obedience classes, because I could not work out the mock cable pattern and the increases for the thumb gores at the same time. One would think a person with twins could automatically multi-task. Not this dog, at least not in this case.

Even as ordinary as this might be, I like the mock cable cuff and the stockinette "body." They truly are nearly finished and I will be wearing them soon. Our weather is turning so fall-ish and one can smell the winter snows in the air. This is my favorite season and soon we will be heading north for a long weekend. These fingerless mitts will come in handy to wear with a jean jacket.


This pattern is my own and I will be typing it up nicely and distributing it to some very talented knitters and good friends to be "tested." Once complete I'm thinking about submitting it to Knitty or Magknits. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home