Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

FOs (finished objects)

Prefelting:

Postfelting:


This would be why these were made. The plum and grey are made from Patons Classic Merino wool. This was the first time I have felted this wool and they shrunk very quickly. Love that. These are made from that classic pattern (if it is not a classic pattern, it should be) which can be found here. If you have not made a pair of these (or a few more) you should. The pattern is ingenious and the results are wonderful. Comfy-cozy, warm but not itchy or sweaty and just plain cute. Go on, you know you want to make them.

1 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger Ewe-niss said...

Very very nice :-) good color choice.

I was surprised when I made my first pair that it wasn't itchy. I have made everyone a pair - a few people have gotten a couple pairs.

Congrats! I have a few projects waiting to be felted. I know it doesn't take a lot of time, but... you have to stand there and be vigilant and get wet while trying to see if it is the correct size. I just don't seem to be very patient right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home