Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Friday, August 24, 2007

It is coming...eventually


I am a winter person. I look better in cool colors, I love snow storms, I love to wear mittens and scarves and I love goofy hats on kids. I love it when it is cold enough at night to dig out the Hudson Bay Company blanket and wear those warm felted clogs on my chilly feet. They need to take a long hot (and rough and tumble) bath to really finish them off and I cannot wait.

This evening we had a storm pass through that is supposed to bring some cooler weather. It has been hot and humid for quite some time and I get just plain ole' grumpy in the heat and look forward to changing colors, crunchy leaves, jean jackets and all that goes with fall.

A little stash enhancement happened last week. I had the opportunity to sneak out of work early on Friday (don't tell the bosses) and meet up with some girl friends from my old town for dinner out and take in the Lugnuts baseball game. But first, I stopped at the LYS (by local I mean 35 minutes away) for their annual ginormous sale. It had started on Thursday and I contemplated waiting until Saturday, but thankfully I came to my senses! They were somewhat picked over for what I had in mind to get, Aurora 8, but of course I changed my mind.


This picture is horrible, but the yarn is lovely. Blueberry Hill Sockittome by Cherry Tree Hill and I have never been so indulgent. I now need to find a sock pattern to run with with this. It has wonderful varied shades of violets, plums, teals, midnight blue and burgundy. Oooh luscious.

But wait, there's more.


This Rio De La Plata kettle dyed handspun 100% wool was a steal. Whoa mama, it was regularly $12.50 and in my home for five bucks each! This photo does not do it justice. It is great shade of deep violet to the palest lavender. It practically jumped into my basket screaming, "Sophie Bag, Sophie Bag." (I have made a bulky version of the Sophie on size US 13 needles and love the size).

But wait, there's even more.


Lastly, is five balls of "Cyprus Mohair." Again, jewel tones of blues and purples twisted with black. I am often leery of mohair as my experience is it can be itchy, but a sample scarf was available for fondling and I did just that. I see a scarf and possibly enough for some fingerless mitts. But even if I only make a scarf these were also a steal. Regularly $6.50 for under $2.00 each! It was like getting away with something naughty. Muuuwhaaaa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home