Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

May the road rise up to meet you

Whew! Boy B's blanket is finished. He loves it and refers to it as "The Road Blanket." Remember me saying that this yarn was in my stash and that I had lots of the royal blue and once he decided upon that, asked him what other color he wanted with it? He announced, "yellow." Of course, the one color I didn't have. Happily I went to Knit Night (this was last fall/winter) and word got out I needed some yellow. Low and behold a fellow knitter had this yellow, and plenty of it. She happily handed it over and Boy B said, "yes! I like that."

The evening I finished off his blanket and told him it was done, save the blocking process (no time for that) he decided he was not, in fact, all that crazy about the yellow and asked me why I chose that color. And people say girls are fickle!

Don't get me wrong. He LOVES the blanket. As previously mentioned he calls it The Road Blanket and often uses it to drive Hot Wheels and Match Cars on it. Shortly after gaining full possession of said blanket, he said, "mom, thanks so much for making me this blanket, I love it." Everyone together now: Awwwwww

Incidentally, The Road Blanket is not straight, the gauge is terrible and since it is not blocked, it curls under, it curls over, it's just downright awful! Although, the positives about this blanket include (aside from Boy B loving it and that is really all that matters) is I made up the patterns myself. All four patches are different sizes on purpose. I did use a stitch pattern from this book, the Aztec-like yellow portion. A pattern I would use again if given the opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home