Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Boy A's pre-felted clogs


These have been completed for well over a week. I am just slow to blog.

I just had to take another picture of all three pairs before felting:


Felting went well on Friday, except for Boy B's orange and blue pair. I had a feeling that using two different brands of wool could pose a problem in felting speed. Sure enough. The orange felted much faster than the blue and I had to even pull them from the washer early. I am not disappointed with the blue yarn, but because I could not let it felt as much as I would've liked...they will probably wear out sooner than they should. The only solace is that Boy B does not like to wear things on his feet so I doubt he'll wear them much anyway.

Boy A, on the other hand, will probably wear his a lot. His red and blue pair could be felted more both to make the fabric denser and they are a bit too large TODAY. But, being nearly 5-years-old we know they won't be too big for too long!

Lastly, Dear Husband's fit wonderfully. He had a cute little grin when he wore the wet-bottomed thing up the stairs to show me. (I think that means he's happy with them.) His only comment was, "I'll be curious to see if my feet sweat in them." I told him that my feet always did in synthetic slippers too, but have never, ever sweat in the wool.

We are off to southwestern Michigan today for my mom's side of the family Christmas gathering. We all bring dishes to pass...usually lots of appetizers and desserts. My mom has brought homemade gifts for all of her grand nieces and nephews (and her grand children). The kids under 18 will have other presents to open as well. Good times for all. The weather is a warm 40+ degrees and a bit rainy, so the two hour drive should be no trouble at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home