Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Turkey coma

I contained myself at the big feast yesterday. I did not eat so much that I was uncomfortable and yet had plenty and even had pie. My mother-in-law's turkey was awesome and my plate was primarily that with little bits of this and that.

The day after thanksgiving is known around here as "Black Friday." Not really sure why it has been coined that, other than those diehard shoppers are out so early, waiting for doors to stores to open. Long before the sun rises. Crazy Freaks.

I not only cannot imagine needing to get something THAT badly but cannot imagine why I would want to get up earlier than I need to for work every other day! Again I say, Crazy Freaks.


Now for some knitting. The following pictures of DH's felt clog (to be felted). I finished the second last night and started Boy B's orange and blue and am an hour or less away from finishing that and moving on to the second in his pair. THEN on to Boy A's red and blue.


Once a person can get a groove on with this ingenious pattern they really do just whip up in no time. Because I am your average dork when it comes to knitting, I had to start over on this first orange and blue one because I realized that I did not need to carry two strands of orange togehter (it is already bulky) duh. Even with this mishap, I was able to cruise through it. This is a love-hate relationship with the pattern. I will freely admit that it is ingenius and clever but it kicks my butt too! Must just be me.


Boy A is down with a little fever and terrible cough and runny nose. Surely Boy B will have it before too long. Boy A wanted me to make some pompoms this morning so we sat together with some yarn, a pompom maker, a blanket and a box of Kleenex to make a few fluff balls. Those fluff balls have got me thinking of what I might use them for. A little surprise I'm cooking up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home