Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

One down, one to go


Miyoshi waiting for me to sit next to her and knit the second giant clog.

I have not mentioned having a cat...We have two dogs too. Leo and Daisy. Leo is a black and white Shih Tzu who is about seven and has been with us for most of our marriage. Daisy, well, she's a Golden Retriever and a hairy monster. She will be two in the Spring and was Dear Husband's (DH) Father's Day gift last year. Despite a few mishaps (by mishap I mean she helped herself to just finished homemade goulash) with food from the counters or dining room table, she has been a good dog. Miyoshi tolerates them both. Frankly, Miyoshi tolerates US. Just as only a cat can.

My needles have been clicking with the two other golf club covers that will be delivered on Thanksgiving; my self-imposed deadline. Once those are finished the second clog for DH is started with the first row knitted. Once that is completed, the two pairs for the boys will be cranked out so that all can be felted happily together (note to self, buy a few zippered pillow cases).

In the meantime, my brain keeps thinking (by thinking, I mean dreaming) about all of the other cool things that could be had from the significant stash I have been quietly acquiring. Socks are becoming more of an interest again.


I have the second to this shorty sock on the needles and am making progress. A few hours with the inlaws last weekend enabled me to knit the heel flap, turn the heel and get into the gusset.

As for the winter knitting dreams, I saw a great video clip from Philosopher's Wool that definitely intrigues me. (Look for the few free patterns there too.) The cute little sampler purse is darling and looks like great practice. How about those felted purses? Yeah, I'm thinking I need one of them too!

Christmas stockings are also nagging at me to. Ugh. Well, not ugh. Knitting is knitting and the plans are as important as the process.

On that note...I think I'm going to have to make myself another pair of the felted clogs. Mine are coming up on a year (Christmas Eve was the first night I wore them) and the first layer of the heel/bottom is starting to disappear. I would like to make myself another purse. Any purse really. Feeling the love of another Sophie bag. I have some wonderful Paton's Merino to make some cute stripey number.

With my birthday gift certificates to this fantastic store (a local favorite of mine), I bought some fuschia and that great lime/grass green Cascade 220 just because I liked the colors. And! I bought one dark charcoal grey ball of alpaca that told me wants to be a lacy cowl. That ball of yarn ranks as one of the most expensive single skein of yarn I have purchased. (The sock yarn seen above is a Lorna's Laces and those were the most expensive thus far.)

Dreams are good. Plans are good. And the process is very good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home