Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

You know what they say about a guy with really big feet...

Yeah, that their wife has to knit really big slippers! What did you think I was going to say??

This felted clog pattern from Fiber Trends is nothing short of amazing. That being said, this pattern kicks my butt every time I attempt it. I have mentioned this before. This pattern is my nemisis. While I made myself a pair last year I worked very hard to get them done. The first 7 rows are intense. With W&T, M1, k1, etc. bouncing back and forth. Thank goodness there are some straight knitting rows in there to let my brain cool off. This is one of those patterns that I cannot have the boys awake, cannot watch TV or carry on a conversation. Nevertheless, the results are worth every ounce of blood, sweat and tears.



I bought yarn a few days ago to make the boys each a pair. Boy A wanted red (for the primary color) and Boy B wanted orange. Once dad's are finished I will start the boys'. The nice thing about their birthday being only a few weeks after Christmas, if the knitting plans I have made fail, I have a few more weeks to finish up!

I mentioned a while ago that I finished a pair of mittens to match the Sprout (seen on this page--scroll down a bit) and a scarf using the Harlot's (scroll down to Oct 12) clever pattern for a teen to match a rib hat. These were all part of the charity knitting that left here weeks ago.




The Christmas/Birthday list consists of the following:
Finish the Fiber Trends clogs for DH
Make a pair for each boy
Finish golf club covers for mother-in-law (actual self-imposed goal of Thanksgiving)

While that is not as long a list as most serious knitting bloggers...it is rather daunting to me. (Refer to second paragraph in this post. I will have to make 5 more using the nemisis pattern!) I will find the zone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home