Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Aaah, an extra holiday

This is a short work week. Three days. Whoohoo. Next week will also be shortened to three days.


As for knitting content, I started this on the evening of the 23rd. Worked on it a lot on Christmas eve (while my mom, brother, sister, husband and the boys watched "Cars." Well, I watched too). But, on Christmas day, my left thumb protested. Shortly before leaving for 10:30 a.m. mass, it got all out-of-joint and decided to cause pain throughout the day and evening. The thumb kept me from knitting. I know, it is truly hard to believe. Serious pain would be one of the few things that would keep me from knitting.

At the in-laws last night, Boy B got sick. (This seems to be a trend, Boy A got sick while there on Thanksgiving day).

***GRAPHIC CONTENT FOLLOWING. SCROLL PAST IF YOU HAVE A SQUEAMISH TUMMY!***

Boy B began puking his guts out and proceeded to do that 4 times in under an hour. We packed up to head home with puke bucket, wash cloth and tissues in hand. He then proceeded to puke another 4 or 5 times with the grand finale of dry heaves. He slept in the car for about 20 minutes and went straight to bed with me who was thoroughly car sick from riding in the back with the T.V. on.

We slept well until I awoke to D.H. running from the living room to grab Boy A from the top bunk and dash around the corner, into the bath, just in time for him to puke in the toilet. They then went to the couch for the remainder of the night and Boy A puked one more time.

***GRAPHIC CONTENT COMPLETED.***

The knit is back. After wrapping my hand and therefore, imbolizing the thumb, it felt much better today, although range of motion is not completed restored, I have been able to knit. Thank God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home