Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Are Michiganders crazy?

We were out and about over the weekend. The weather is getting warmer and arguably this weekend was the warmest and sunniest days we have had in 2009. But the crazy comes in when you see people wearing tank tops, capris or shorts. The temperatures were nearing 60, and like I indicated, it was beautiful, but tank tops? Really. Is that necessary?

Think about what we wear in the fall. The leaves are changing and falling from trees making the ground all crunchy and colorful. Kids are getting new backpacks and pencils. Pumpkins are popping up on porches. Flannel sheets have found their way to beds. Sweatshirts, mittens and lap blankets are dug out to wear to the football games where it might drop down to 60 degrees (ooh, burrr!).

Do you see the irony and crazy here?

But, since this is a knitting blog, I'll get to knitting. I have knit a lot lately. I'm due to have this baby in just over two weeks. Knitting and babies just pretty much go together. Knitting and being taken off work early pretty much go together. I have both. I have completed three baby sweaters: Two for our baby and one for a co-worker. I have knit several baby caps, several pair of booties and am contemplating more. There is still a toe-up sock on needles that I have to rip back about a half inch (it's too big for me). Not sure what will be next on the needles, but these baby items are quick, portable (for the twice-weekly doctor appointments) and satisfying. Can't argue with that.

1 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

Yes, I do see the irony and it baffles me every year. I still get weird stares for wearing a scarf and hat until it's past 50 degrees.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home