Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Retreat weekend

I returned today from a retreat weekend of which I enjoyed. The tiny twin bed in a small, but adequate room that included a sink and small desk and chair was quiet. We had a communal shower and bathroom, reminiscent of college. I chuckled when it occured to me that the ages of the other women ranged from upper 30s to 95. We had terrible weather, but I did get out and walked the grounds Saturday morning.

The knitting opportunities were great. Because the bed was too soft I did not sleep well. I was up long before 6 a.m., showered and ready to go with a good two hours before breakfast, knitting filled the time.

I finished a pair of baby booties using some left over sock yarn. This pattern was easy to follow and I am sure I will make some more of these. This pair (photo to come) may go to an ex-knitting groupie. She is only an "ex" because she met a guy, married him and moved away. Her pregnancy was announced last week and these booties will probably find their home with her and their new baby, expected to enter this world in August.

Another project I worked on, this quiet weekend away from home, was the first of a pair of socks. One that I have had going for a while. I'm decreasing the toe. I tried to knit on the nearly hour drive home, but got car sick and had to quit after two rows. Bummer.

One of the other women who went with me (three of them) this weekend is also a knitter. She had the B-4 Bag pattern that I now have to have. I checked out the Ravelry projects to see what other colors people are using and man-o-man, this would be a great stash busting project and that might have to be my next project. I could felt it at the same time as I felt the Amanda's Squatty Sidekick I have nearly finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home