Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Finished

First of the pair of clown mittens is finished. Whoot!


It has to be said that, the pattern by Kristin Nicholas could not have been more clear. It was simple. I did adjust the position of the thumb, however, by knitting several rows after the ribbing before starting the thumb gusset.

Mind you, the term: "clown mitten" is all me. Not at all to do with Kristin. Kristin has a gift. A gift that was not given to me. During this project I discovered in myself, that I am a bit afraid of color. I did not think I was one of those people, but apparently, I am. Now that I am aware, I can begin the 10 steps to self discovery and work my way out of the darkness of matchy-matchy.

The second of the pair is on the needles and nearly half of the corrugated rib is complete. I decided I better cast on right away or I may have a "second mitten syndrome." Particularly since I am accustomed to knitting and finishing two mittens at once.

The colors, incidentally, are not appearing very well (at least on my monitor) the palm/thumb part is fuchia and pretty bright-grass green. (It appears to be mint and pink to me). The rib is turquoise and red and the other dark rows are navy not black.

2 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger Helen said...

It looks gorgeous. The photo you posted to the Kristin Knitalong isn't showing - could you load it again? Ta.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

Yummy! Turned out really well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home