Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Playing catch up

Halloween:


Boy B is the ghost and Boy A is the frog. I know the frog costume is creepy, but he was happy.


We drove to my brother-in-law's to trick or treat in their town with their cousin who is a little older. It rained and rained, and then rained some more while we roamed the neighborhoods, all while the boys begged for candy. (The alm


Christmas:

Frosting cookies (well, eating frosting...same thing).



Christmas Eve with my family. One of the many gifts from grandma were cap guns. I had a headache by the end of the afternoon. The boys love them.



Christmas morning came early. 3:20 a.m. early. These parents did not cave, however, we sent them back to bed to wait until at least 6 a.m. Of course, that doesn't mean we slept.

Boy A has been wanting a dolly for two years. Red is his favorite color. You can imagine his surprise when he woke to find this:





Santa was good to us all. It was a very Cars Christmas at our home. My Santa brought me many gift certificates, a bubbly and hot foot bath and a new purse. DH received the software he had been wanting for the toy he got for his birthday.

I did do some knitting between the middle of October and the new year. I made a "necklet scarf" (my own pattern and sorry, no photo) for one of the doctors I work with. The Andean Silk from Knitpicks was great to work with. I used pitch (black) and have some left over to make another scarf. I also knitted a purse for my mom based on the Sophie Bag pattern. I made mom's a little larger. I also made a pocket thingy that goes inside to hold small items and her phone.

In the past few weeks I have finished the Christmas stocking (out of stashed acrylic yarns) and have a good five inches into the second of four we'll need. I made a baby kimono: from this book.



You need to know that this is all I had left. Seriously.


I got down to the last few rows and had my knitting group praying that I had enough to finish and bind off. With six stitches left to bind off — I ran out. I had to cannibolize from one of the longer tails enough to finish off those six. Of course, using the mattress stitch means no worries about the seaming yarn showing. White yarn worked just fine.

I also made this pair of multi-colored booties and mom made one and a half of the white pair (I finished it off and seamed them). Last night, while watching the boys roller skate for two hours, I whipped out a pair of baby mitts (thumbless). If you want to know the patterns to the booties or baby mitts, place a comment at the end of this blog entry and I'll lead you right to them. They are free!

The baby kimono, booties and mitts are for a local charity.

This brings us to the boys' birthday. It is this Monday, January 21. They will be 6-years-old. It is hard to believe that six years ago today, I was ballooning up into pre-eclampsia and DH and I both knew that, when I had my check-up on that day (also a Monday), I would be having a couple of babies, not just a check-up. We purposely ate at Red Lobster to somewhat celebrate our anniversary (it's the 28th) before going to the appointment. That stunt cost me not having the C-section until 7 p.m. The food was great though!

Currently, I am working on another baby kimono for someone at my office who requested one to purchase. I have many things I want to knit including some great garter stitch mittens for the boys and myself. The Baby Surprise Jacket pattern arrived at my door last week. I still have a sock on needles (who doesn't?).

Whew!
What a relief it is to have all of this off my shoulders!

Oh, and by the way, you can find me on Ravelry these days. I am still working on loading pictures of projects and stash, etc., but if you're a Raveler, come on over and look me up! Now I need to get a Ravelry button on my blog.

My work is never done...

1 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Blogger Ewe-niss said...

Not fair! I ordered my Baby Surprise Jacket just before you - mine hasn't arrived yet! ... No, it is here. (I stopped mid typing to go through the junk mail.) My children have been piling the mail up. Just found it and a memory disk that I have been waiting for all in the same pile.

Booties are adorable :-) Love the frog hands. Your Christmas cookie decorating looked like ours at home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home