Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Clown mitten

Dear Husband and the Boys picked up the book I have been wanting for a few months. For the first several days, I just read it and looked at the pretty color combinations. Then I found myself thinking about what yarn I have in the stash that I could make a colorful pair of mittens. The pattern I am following is, "Olivia's Mittens" and while it is not difficult Fair Isle, it does have a bit of it going on in the cuffs. Kristin calls it, "corrugated rib." Pretty simple stuff really.

The stash digging resulted in these:


A part of me likes this first attempt a knitting mittens in the round (all the mittens I have knit were on straights and I could do both mittens at the same time, which I find handy when you want them to be the same exact size). Incidentally, the use of the word, "handy" was an intended pun. Back to the clown mitten:


Tell me what you think.

1 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

Love the colors!! Can't wait to see them finished.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home