Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Monday, February 18, 2008

I somehow escaped it

While I have had a runny/stuffy nose, I have escaped the plague that has gone through our little home. Whew.

The Boys and I are off today observing President's Day. I have this book on hold at Barnes and Noble for the next few days. I had hoped to go out there today (the closest B&N store is 35 miles north) but the roads are looking a bit slick and probably not worth the trip. Possibly tomorrow would workout. It's knitting night tomorrow and I might just have to take a detour.

I have been wanting this book for about three months now. And now that I am in this KAL, I probably should actually get going on something of Kristin's! While I do not have any project specifically in mind, I have some stash that keeps swirling around in my head as possibilities. She designs some cute mittens and fingerless mitts, and since I love mittens, I'm thinking that might be the first project. I have never made mittens on double points (gasp!...I know many of you have never made them on straights, but I find making both at the same time wonderful. It's like doing a little magic trick.)

Since I have a sneaking suspicion that Kristin's mittens will be double point jobbies, I will have to buck up and get'er done.

The One-Piece Baby Kimono for the co-worker is knitted. Now the 5,000 ends will begin. I need to take a photo of it and all of those ends, but it is pretty gray outside and the pic will not be its best. Look for that picture later.

The Irish Hiking Scarf is going well. I worked on it on and off most of yesterday and have it about half done. Scarves just take SO long. I love making them, but enough is enough already! But ain't he pretty?

2 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger Ewe-niss said...

Lovely scarf. You know you want it long :-) I actually laughed about the book. I didn't realize part of the steps that had to be included in the KAL was the acquisition of the book. I thought you had it already. Enjoy! The projects do look like fun.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

The IHS is one of my fave patterns, love the color, green is my weakness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home