Knitting Paragon

KNITTING: to make a fabric by looping yarn together with special needles. PARAGON: a model of perfection or excellence.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

And what's this?

I started knitting with that one skein of charcoal black alpaca I got a while back. A lacy cowl seemed to be calling me. But after knitting only an inch or so, I am bored. Call me crazy, but if it does not feel right, if a project is speaking to me, I am going to set it aside. Seems rather unfair, but I know it will find it's way back to the needles for either the same project, or something new.

The yarn is lucious to handle though! I mean to say, much softness here. Never knitted with anything like it. Not being a die-hard all natural knitter (financial reasons) and all...this was my virgin alpaca experience.

The sock is coming along nicely. Knitted a few during lunch break once this week. The photo does not quite capture the wide ribbing for the "body" of the sock, but we tried.


Here is Boy A's little hands trying to help me.


This is a little something I started this afternoon. Using up some stash for Fuzzy Feet for me. My felted clogs are nearly crapped out. They have served me well. I completed them last year shortly before Christmas and wore them, for the first time, on Christmas eve.




Is this sad or what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home