First of the pair of clown mittens is finished. Whoot!
It has to be said that, the pattern by Kristin Nicholas could not have been more clear. It was simple. I did adjust the position of the thumb, however, by knitting several rows after the ribbing before starting the thumb gusset.
Mind you, the term: "clown mitten" is all me. Not at all to do with Kristin. Kristin has a gift. A gift that was not given to me. During this project I discovered in myself, that I am a bit afraid of color. I did not think I was one of those people, but apparently, I am. Now that I am aware, I can begin the 10 steps to self discovery and work my way out of the darkness of matchy-matchy.
The second of the pair is on the needles and nearly half of the corrugated rib is complete. I decided I better cast on right away or I may have a "second mitten syndrome." Particularly since I am accustomed to knitting and finishing two mittens at once.
The colors, incidentally, are not appearing very well (at least on my monitor) the palm/thumb part is fuchia and pretty bright-grass green. (It appears to be mint and pink to me). The rib is turquoise and red and the other dark rows are navy not black.